How About Teaching Your Course in Morocco?
Green Olive Arts welcomes faculty led study abroad courses in the arts
We want to see faculty led study abroad programs bridge global gaps and result in international creative collaboration. Our studios are ideally set up for teaching art classes and our resources can open up the rich culture of this beautiful land and people to your students. We are happy to work with faculty and program directors to develop the perfect combination of tours, outings, creative round tables, studio set-up, and any number of other details, so that your students will have the optimal balance of research, immersion and production under your leadership.
Consider applying for an art residency yourself for a season of research and production prior to your faculty led course so that you can immerse yourself in the context and focus on your own research and production as part of preparing to lead your students here.
Some of what we can offer to make for an excellent educational experience are:
- sunny studios located right in the center of downtown Tetouan, mere blocks from gates into the ancient medina and local markets
- configurable classrooms and studios
- easels, tables, cabinetry, workbenches
- basic tools, supplies, and equipment … with several art supply stores in walking distance
- a network of local artisans, craftsman, and other creative resource people
- connection with student, emerging, instructor and established Moroccan artists
- language learning opportunities can be arranged if desired
- reliable guides and transportation
- resourced plein air outings
- arranged housing at the budget and comfort level you desire
- local translators (Moroccans are known for handling with ease 4-6 different languages)
- the ancient medina or old city of Tetouan is a Unesco World Heritage Site, famous for its diverse markets and busy, labyrinthine streets
- Tetouan’s location between two mountains and close to the Mediterranean Sea makes for gorgeous vistas and proximate adventures, not to mention the ideal temperate climate.
- many local art galleries for visits or student exhibitions
- Tetouan is home to the most famous of Morocco’s 2 National Institutes of Fine Art, a short walk from Green Olive Arts
- arranged trips to other cities in Morocco for a breadth of vision and experience