Morocco Plein Air Workshop with Sam Paonessa
Dates: May 11 – 18, 2015
Master painter Sam Paonessa will be leading our second plein air painting workshop for intermediate/advanced painters in exotic northern Morocco. This challenging and inspiring plein air workshop will include painting outings to some of northern Morocco’s most breathtaking ancient urban and natural locations. Participants will also enjoy seeing local exhibitions, meeting local Moroccan painters and working in the studios of Green Olive Arts in the amazing city of Tetouan, Morocco. This year we are also offering 2 bonus post-workshop travel packages for 4-5 days in other parts of Morocco (see details below).
$2300 USD early bird price (Dec. 10 deadline passed)
Price: $2500 USD
WORKSHOP CANCELLED …
Due to family health circumstances in the life of our beloved instructor, we have had to cancel the 2015 workshop. Please stay tuned for other great workshop and curated residency offerings in Morocco with Green Olive Arts international studios. And please keep Sam and his family in your thoughts and prayers this spring.
Workshop Pricing Includes* …
- Tuition – 8 days of instruction, demonstrations and guided outings with personal coaching by our instructor!!
- Studio space – Spacious well furnished studios for our workshop times as well as for working on paintings after dark
- Concierge services – all-studio secure wifi internet, free laundry use, full kitchen, materials storage, experienced artist staff fluent in the local language as well as local materials acquisitions, help in packaging paintings to travel.
- Meals – all meals, snacks, and tea, including delicious picnic lunches for outings and a variety of quality restaurants where you’ll taste some of Morocco’s famous cuisine (more details available to registrants)
- Housing – 9 nights elegant single occupancy in a beautifully restored Moroccan Riad (breakfast included)
- Ground transport – all transportation from and to the airport … as well as to outings and other sites. (Participants are responsible for their airfare)
- Artist visits – Time with local Moroccan artists and art students and a visit to Tetouan’s newest Museum of Modern Art
- Painting outings to amazing locations … Tetouan’s ancient medina (walled city), Mediterranean coastal fishing area, cork and coniferous forest locations, rural terraced farming valleys, mountain sites with views to the Straits of Gibraltar and Spain, the mountain city of Chefchaouen, river valleys and busy open markets.
*Workshop pricing does NOT include:
- Airfare to Tanger, Morocco (airport code TNG) or Tetouan (TTU)
- medical and travel insurance (recommended)
- side travels and outings initiated by individuals, including post workshop travel options
- painting supplies, panels/canvases, crating/shipping of finished works
- souvenirs and any additional meals/drinks.
Field easels and other supplies – basic field easel rentals ($20 for the whole workshop) are available if you don’t want to bring your own. Some painting materials, panels, canvas and tools are available for use/purchase in the studios as well. Ask for details.
BONUS PACKAGE – Two optional post-workshop travel packages are available for participants interested in seeing more of Morocco:
- Ancient Fes, city of artisans and architecture — 4 extra days to see the medina of 10,000 streets
- Marrakech – 4 extra days to see the “rose city”
- ADD the Sahara Desert! – optional add-on trip to EITHER the Fes or Marrakech packages
- … more information available when you register for Plein Air Morocco 2015