I had a great welcome from everyone… and I felt at home straight away. The studio was light and airy… and the enthusiasm was contagious. I would definitely recommend a residency at Green Olive Arts to other artists.
— Janet Pelling, artist in residence, May 2013
Application: Art residency applications are being taken on an open basis, year round, for the available 8 studio spaces and will be assessed by our Local Selection Panel. Approved applicants may expect a follow-up interview request before a final decision.
Applicants are to submit the following items:
- Application form – completed by applicant and submitted along with …
- An artist’s CV featuring selected projects, exhibitions, grants, past residencies, education and contact information. (attached in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- An Artist’s Statement (about 350-400 words) describing your current work and its significance and inspiration, as well as your technique and overall vision for your work.
- A portfolio containing a selection of works (max. 10), in PDF format for visual art and writing, and MP3 or MP4 format for music, film or performance work. Please include data on dimensions, materials, production year, location, publication or performance dates, etc. (attached in an email to email@example.com)
- A non-refundable 200 Dirham ($20 USD) application fee is due upon application, and can be paid by clicking the secure “Pay Now” button below:
I spent 12-13 hour days in the best studio I’ve ever worked in without feeling bored or tired.
— Ashley Widman, artist in residence, June 2014 – read her reflections here>>>
We are currently taking applications for the following residency periods:
SPRING – March 8 – April 4, 2018 – Convergence 2018: Texture of Time – A one-month curated group residency for 8 global artists in Tetouan, Morocco. – application
SUMMER – June 11 – July 22, 2018 – 2-7 week resourced, self-directed residencies – application
FALL – September 11 – November 4, 2018 – 2-8 week resourced, self-directed residencies – application
WINTER 2019 – January 7 – February 15, 2019 – 2-6 week resourced, self-directed residencies – application