Celebrating Five Years of Partnership with Tetouan This year, Green Olive Arts has been celebrating five years as an art residency in Tetouan, Morocco. We are amazed as we look back and …
Welcoming Global Creatives in Morocco
Green Olive Arts is an artist residency and collaborative art space in Tetouan, Morocco
Our mission is to resource creative individuals of both emerging and established artistic talent from around the world in seasons of inspiration, production, collaboration and cultural exchange here in Morocco.
We invite artists from a wide range of disciplines and mediums to apply for residencies of 2-9 weeks during set residency periods throughout of the year. We accept visual artists, writers, poets, curators, scientists, choreographers, puppeteers, and more. Our local Selection Panel awards residencies based upon artistic excellence of current work and intended residency proposal. Residencies offer creatives an opportunity to spend time in another culture and context developing new work through research and dialogue with peers. Artists are encouraged to engage the local community as part of their residency through workshops, performances, readings, round tables, and collaboration to bridge cultures and nurture innovation.
Are you an artist, writer, filmmaker, sculptor, photographer, or craftsperson in need of a season of focused research and production in the rich setting of an ancient culture?
We are currently taking applications for the following residency periods:
- SUMMER 2019 – SESSION FULL
- FALL 2019 – September 23 – October 27, 2019: 2, 3, or 5 week resourced, self-directed residencies – application
- 3 weeks, September 23 – October 12
- 5 weeks, September 23 – October 26
- 2 weeks, October 14 – October 26
- WINTER 2020 – January 13 – February 22, 2020: 3 or 6 week resourced, self-directed residencies – application
- 3 weeks, January 13 – February 1, OR February 3 – 22
- 6 weeks, January 13 – February 22
- FALL 2020 – September 14 – October 24, 2020: 3 or 6 week resourced, self-directed residencies – application
- 3 weeks, September 14 – October 3 OR October 5 – 24
- 6 weeks, September 14 – October 24